How it works
1. Check your bag after unpacking it and avoid puncturing or tearing it during use. Do not use the bag to dispose of sharp objects, hot ashes or anything that may penetrate it.
2. Position the bag before you start to fill it. You may not be able to move it later and any attempt to do so may result in damage to the bag or even yourself. Take into consideration the following:
- The Bag will be collected by a truck equipped with a crane to lift the bag.
- The truck needs to be within 4 metres of the bag whilst stationed on a public or private road.
- The crane cannot reach further than 4 metres (13 feet) from the truck.
- The bag must be well clear of walls, fences, trees overhead wires or anything else that might obstruct the operation of the crane.
3. When filling the bag distribute the weight evenly. Initially fold down the side to make the bag more rigid and easier to fill. Once some waste is in the bag, pull up the four sides. Do not overload or fill the bag above the top edge of the bag.
4. The Skip Bag is intended for the disposal of ordinary household, garden and building waste only. Hazardous, dangerous or toxic materials such as asbestos, motor tyres, batteries, oil, pesticides, clinical waste, fridges, freezers or gas bottles, must not be placed in the bag. Failure to comply with this direction may put you in breach of environmental laws and will result in non collection of your bag. If in doubt please contact the office for further advice.
5. The Pink Recycling lines are open between 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Please be ready to tell them the type of waste i.e. household, garden or builders, the location of the bag, and your credit/debit card details for payment.